GPS coordinates: -28.58333, 28.42751
Directions from Clarens (through R711):
The Domaine can be tricky to find once you hit the dirt road, please read our directions carefully. Domaine Sérénité is ~ 20 min drive from Clarens. 4×4 vehicles are advised during the rainy season. Speed limit on dirt road is 15 km/h. You may need to open 2 gates, please close them after you if they were originally closed.
- From the T junction in Clarens, take the R711 towards Fouriesbourg for 12.5 km (~ 8min), then turn left at the Domaine Sérénité sign. The dirt road to turn left is in front of the Damascus sign on the right, see the red star on google map below.
- You are now starting on the dirt road. Continue straight up. After 2.8km you will open a large black double gate.
- After the gate, continue straight, the path will go down, you will see a property on the left, and on the right, continue straight.
- After 600m since the black gate, turn left into a passage way, or corridor, which is surrounded by high game fences. If you have not turned left and if you meet a farm house you have gone too far!
- Continue straight into the passage way for 900m, you will go through 3 large bumps, then a cattle gate.
- After the cattle gate the road will veer right, then you will cross a cattle grid. The path will then veer left. You have now entered the Domaine Sérénité! Studio Cubique is the first building on the left hand side, for Cottage Goji continue down the path on the right, it is the last building facing the mountains.
Below you will find the Google Map to reach the unsealed road (marked as a red star).
From the red star, please follow our hand made map (not to scale!) which you can download here.